Your safe stay with us
Jumby Bay Island is closely monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic and our foremost priority is the health and comfort of our guests and team members.
In addition to implementing new hygiene and safety measures, we have developed specific protocols for the following procedures, strictly adhering to the public health guidelines of the Antigua and Barbuda Government, to ensure your stay with us is safe and secure:
Private island sanctuary
- 300-acre island with its natural abundance of space provides for easy physical distancing.
- Countless opportunities for memorable experiences (private dinners, beach picnics, nature walks, biking etc.)
- Private, restricted access with 24/7 discreetly observed security protocols in place.
- Temperature check at the airport on arrival by the Antigua airport and health authorities.
- "Meet & Greet" service
- Fast track through the airport by dedicated representative wearing PPE.
- Pre-arrival online registration with the Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment mandatory for persons travelling to Antigua and Barbuda.
- Temperature checks before the start of each shift.
- Sanitation of uniforms and footwear before the start of each shift and mandatory use of masks and PPE.
- Comprehensive training on new health and safety protocols, on proper wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE – masks, face shields, gloves) and reinforced training on the importance of handwashing, cleaning, and physical distancing guidelines.
- Use of Jumby Bay App to display menus (F&B, Activities, Spa etc.) for guests to view on personal mobile devices.
- Keyless access to accommodations with revised registration and check out protocols.
Etiquette & Emergency Response protocols
- Handshaking replaced by a nod and a smile.
- Social distancing
- Physical distancing with mitigation protocols as found necessary (i.e. signage indicators, limiting occupancy in restaurants, boutique, spa, pool decks, gym etc.)
- Health measures
- Medical personnel available on site 24/7 (Nurse and/or First Responders). Fast track access to private medical clinics on the Island.
Enhanced hygiene and sanitation
- Property inspected and certified by Antigua and Barbuda Ministry of Health and Ministry of Tourism as safe to operate, with all required protocols in place.
- Increased cleaning, sanitation, and personal hygiene protocols, starting with luggage handling, private car and ferry transfer to the island, continuing throughout the entire resort and the island experience. Hand sanitizers available throughout all areas.
- Use of cleaning products containing disinfectant and high temperature steamers and ozone machines to sanitize. High priority on air quality and our A/C systems to enhance their effectiveness, cleanliness, and sanitation
Service and offer enhancements
- In room sanitizing kits for guest use.
- F&B a la carte offering for all meal periods.
- Private and personalized kids activities.
- Private tennis lessons and water sports activities.
With these safety measures in place, and upholding our values of excellence and refined hospitality, we look forward to welcoming you back to Jumby Bay Island.