The History of

Palácio Tangará

São Paolo’s urban oasis surrounded by the tropical foliage of Burle Marx Park.

1940

Brazilian businessman Francisco Pignatari commissions architect Oscar Niemeyer and landscape architect Roberto Burle Marx to build a mansion with lavish gardens for his beloved wife. The couple’s marriage eventually dissolves, and the home o\is destroyed, but the gardens are turned into an expansive urban park.

2001

Plans to rebuild a hotel on the property are abandoned.

2017

Oetker Collection opens Palácio Tangará, bringing back Francisco Pignatari’s dream of a lavish urban retreat in São Paolo surrounded by lush green gardens.

2020

Palácio Tangará opens a new outdoor restaurant, Pateo do Palácio, the largest outdoor dining venue in São Paolo.