The History of

The Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa

Historic icon in Germany’s premier spa city, just a short drive from the Black Forest.

1872

On October 21, Baden-Baden’s court tailor, Anton Brenner, purchased a hotel on Lichtentaller Allee called Stéphanie-les-Bains. The same property would eventually become Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa.

1881

Camille Brenner inherits the hotel from his father, renames it Hotel Stephanie, and develops it into Baden-Baden’s leading spa resort for the well-to-do.

1907

King Chulalongkorn of Siam and Laos and his attendants hold court at the hotel.

1924

Camille Brenner bequeaths the hotel to his sons Kurt and Alfred. They rename it Kasino Stephanie and oversee a golden period of continued expansion.

1937

The brothers host an astounding 40,000 overnight guests in a period of economic hardship

1941

Rudolf August Oetker purchases the hotel from the Brenner family.

1950

After a period of closure during WW2, Brenners Park-Hotel reopens its 160 rooms and welcomes 17,000 overnight guests in the first year.

1962

On February 15th, Brenners hosts preliminary talks for the Franco-German friendship treaty. The hotel is hailed as the “Cradle of Europe”.

1995

Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa hosts German Chancellor Helmut Kohl and French President Jacques Chirac for the 66th Franco-German Summit.

2006

The English national football team call Brenners home for several weeks during the FIFA world cup.

2009

Celebrations for the 60th anniversary of NATO are held in Baden-Baden. The guest list includes German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US President Barack Obama.

2015

Villa Stéphanie, Oetker Collection’s House of Wellbeing, opens on the grounds of Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa.

2018

Fritz & Felix opens with a contemporary dining concept and interior design inspired by the Roaring Twenties.